Public Services Librarian
Clinton Public Library of Clinton, Iowa (Pop. 24,469) seeks an enthusiastic, creative, and community-minded individual to deliver exceptional service for our patrons as the Public Services Librarian. The job is full-time, exempt position under the FLSA. This position coordinates and performs all aspects of adult library services and programs. This is a professional position within a State of Iowa-accredited library and member library of the RiverShare Libraries consortium.
Primary Duties Highlights
The primary duties of the Public Services Librarian include the following:
- Reports to the Library Director, and in the absence of the Library Director, assumes the responsibility of the Director as needed
- Works collegially with leadership team members and fellow staff members
- Conducts annual reviews, and supervises staff for circulation services, adult programming, and homebound services
- Provides exemplary customer service to patrons at the service desk and other areas of the library
- Engages in outreach to the community and other organizations that service the City of Clinton and rural county citizens, including driving the Library outreach van
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate degree in library or information science (MLS or MLIS) from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program, required
- 2-3 years of experience working in a public library, required
- Supervisory experience, preferred
- After appointment, individual will be required to reside within 20-mile radius of City Hall including the State of Illinois.
- Weekly schedule will require some daytime, evening, and Saturday hours
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary $53,248-$68,473.60 based on education and experience
- Eligible for health and dental coverage, IPERs pension plan
- Paid benefits such as life insurance, Vacation time, company paid holidays, and sick leave
- Support for professional development
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Persons interested in applying for the Public Services Librarian position should send an application, cover letter, and resume to:
Susan Mesecher, Director Clinton Public Library
306 8th Avenue South Clinton, Iowa 52732
Electronic submissions via email are preferred. Submissions are due by 5 p.m., December 23rd, 2022
Interview will be conducted in person or via Zoom the week of January 16th, 2023.
For full job description and more information visit: https://www.clintonpubliclibrary.us/employment
The above declarations related to the duties, responsibilities, and conditions of the position described are
intended to be descriptive of the general nature of the work and may be amended at Clinton Public Library’s discretion.