Clinton Public Library provides a notary service at the main library location during most hours of service. There is a charge of $5 per document. To inquire whether a notary is available, please call ahead to (563) 242-8441.
Please be aware of the following guidelines for notary service:
- Please bring a photo identification, such as a valid Driver's License, with you.
- Please do NOT sign the document ahead of time; it MUST be signed in front of the notary.
- If more than one person must sign the document, they must ALL be present at the time of notarization.
- A limit of five (5) items per person per day.
- Clinton Public Library public notaries follow all regulations established by the Code of Iowa, Chapter 77.
For your information: A notary only verifies the signer's identity and that the signature was made willingly and freely.
Notarization does NOT:
- Prove a document to be true or accurate.
- Legalize or validate a document.
- Notarize I-9 forms.
- Prove a statement under oath/affirmation is true.
- Public notaries are NOT legal professionals; please do not ask them legal questions or for legal advice.