Feeling romantic? Or maybe you're craving a certain actor's work? Maybe you really like sports movies? Come check out a Binge Bag, they include 3 movies of a certain category and some popcorn. A fun and quick way for a binge night in.
Need to make a character cake or a weird shape that you normally wouldn't keep in your kitchen? Check out one of our cake pans, use it for your one time baking, wash, and return. You don't have to worry about it taking up space in the cupboard and never getting used again!
Need to make holiday cookies? Need a special shape for a project? We have cookie cutters separated into categories that we're sure you'll find what you're looking for. Check out what we have, use, wash and return!
Have you always wanted to try to knit or crochet, but don't know if you will like it? Check out our craft kits, and see if you're interested!
Have a green thumb? Check out our seed library. Through the time-honored tradition of seed saving we celebrate biodiversity, nurture locally adapted plant varieties, and foster community resilience, self-reliance, and a culture of sharing.
The Clinton Public Library is excited to have been selected to receive a Resolve to Stay Active: A Fitbit Kit for Your Community award. This award supports public libraries which serve populations that are underrepresented in biomedical research in providing access to health technology and consumer health resources. The award is funded by the NNLM All of Us Research Program, whose mission aims to provide quality health education resources to enable individuals to make informed decisions about their health. To learn more about the All of Us Research Program visit https://nnlm.gov/all-of-us.
Clinton Public Library Fitbit Lending Information
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use:
- As with any electronic device, use care when handling.
- Fitbits must be checked out from and returned to the Circulation Desk.
- A valid Clinton Public Library card with current address must be presented at time of checkout.
- Borrowers must be in good standing with the Library with no outstanding fines over $5.00.
- Fitbits may be borrowed for a 28-day loan period and may not be renewed.
- The library will do a factory reset when the Fitbit is returned.
- Borrowers must understand and sign the agreement at the circulation desk in the presence of library staff every time a Fitbit is checked out.
Fines and Liability:
- The overdue fine is $1.00 per day.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to protect the Fitbit from loss or damage.
- The replacement cost of a Fitbit is $100.00
- The replacement cost of the wristband is $20.00
- The replacement cost of the charger is $20.00
Book Club Kits
All Iowa Reads 2022 - COMING SOON!
All Iowa Reads 2021
All Iowa Reads 2020
Atwood, Margaret. The Handmaid's Tale. (3 copies)
Benjamin, Melanie. The Aviator's Wife. (3 copies)
Dubus, Andre. The House of Sand and Fog. (9 copies)
Enger, Leif. So Brave, Young, and Handsome. (5 copies)
Erdrich, Louise. The Round House. (3 copies)
Franklin, Tom. Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter. (3 copies)
Gaines, Ernest. Lessons Before Dying. (8 copies)
Horan, Nancy. Loving Frank. (4 copies)
Kallos, Stephanie. Sing Them Home. (3 copies)
Kline, Christina. Orphan Train. (3 copies)
Landay, Willaim. Defending Jacob. (3 copies)
Larsen, Deborah. The White. (6 copies)
McCracken, Elizabeth. Niagra Falls All Over Again. (6 copies)
Oliveira, Robin. My Name is Mary Sutter. (4 copies)
Rhodes, David. Driftless. (3 copies)
Russo, Richard. Bridge of Sighs. (4 copies)
Shaffer, Mary. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (5 copies)
Stedman, M.L. The Light Between Oceans. (3 copies)
Stein, Garth. The Art of Racing in the Rain. (3 copies)
Steinback, John. Grapes of Wrath. (7 copies)
Strout, Elizabeth. Olive Kitteridge. (4 copies)
Trigiani, Adriana. The Shoemaker's Wife. (3 copies)
Wells, Rebecca. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. (10 copies)
Rodriguez, Deborah. Kabul Beauty School. (4 copies)
Zaslow, Jeffrey. The Girls from Ames. (4 copies)
Larson, Erik. Devil in the White City. (4 copies)
Hillenbrand, Laura. Unbroken. (4 copies)
Horwitz, Tony. Confederates in the Attic. (6 copies)
Maharidge, Dale. Denison, Iowa. (4 copies)
Tan, Amy. Where the Past Begins. (6 copies)