The Clinton Public Library (CPL) has established, in addition to the table for lost or damaged items (listed below), the following schedule of fines for overdue materials as well as fees for other services provided by the CPL. The general rule is that fines do not exceed the cost of replacement (listed in the item record).
Children’s Material Exception
As of April 8th, 2019, all Juvenile Materials are fine free. Juvenile items are materials that are geared towards children 12 years or younger and are identified at CPL under “Juvenile”. Patrons are still responsible for any lost and/or unreturned items and will be subject to the billing process.
- Books/Audio-Books/Kits: $0.20 per day, not to exceed the cost of replacement listed in the item record
- Video/Music CDs: $0.50 per day, not to exceed the cost of replacement listed in the item record
An initial notice of overdue materials will go out to the patron 10 days after the due date of the item. Patrons with responsibility for material in any format which is more than 90 days overdue are also responsible for any and all collection and/or court costs incurred by the library in its efforts to secure the return of the material.
The library reserves the right to adjust the fee schedule as needed. Fees are not refundable once collected.
- Photocopy & Printers Fee: $0.15 per page for black and white; $0.35 for color. If enlargement or reduction is required by the patron, the “per page fee” applies to each step in that process. Enlargement and reduction is not an exact science and may take several pages.
- Microfilm Copy Fee: $0.25 per page.
- Service Fee: $1.00 service fee is attached to all accounts for which a mailed notice has been sent.
- Lost Library Cards Fee: $1.00 for each card. Patrons may have only one active card at a time. Note: This does not apply to patrons who may be providing a special service for other patrons or representing the library. The library will make a special registration to accommodate.