Adopted August 2017; Last Revised November 2021.
The Clinton Public Library agrees to cooperate with students and institutions to support their lifelong learning goals by offering proctoring services. This service is based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology to do so.
- The finished exam will be mailed with other library mail or may be submitted electronically if that option is available.
- The library staff will provide the student and institution with copies of this policy.
- A library staff person will proctor the exam. Specific librarians will not be assigned to proctor specific exams.
- The proctor will observe the student while performing other tasks and assisting other patrons. Proctoring at the library will include issuing the exam, being aware of the student taking the exam, periodically observing the student, signing the proctor form and mailing the completed exam. If an institution requires the student to receive constant uninterrupted observation the library will be unable to proctor the exam.
- Library staff will not sign any statement required by the educational institution that is inconsistent with our policy or with how the test is administered.
- Library staff may refuse to proctor an exam too burdensome or exacting in its demands.
- The library is not responsible for technical problems of the institution’s web site or e-mail.
- The library is not responsible for exams that are lost by the postal system or electronically.
- The library does not keep copies of completed exams.
Responsibilities of Student
- The student will initiate contact with library staff to proctor the exam.
- The student is responsible for making the arrangements to take the exam including confirming with library staff that the test has arrived (electronically or via mail) and scheduling a time to take the test. The student will schedule the exam time to end no less than 30 minutes before the closing of the library.
- The student is responsible for ensuring that the computer resources at the library are adequate and available for test taking.
- The student will provide a valid driver’s license or photo ID (if required) for verification of identity before the test will be proctored.
- The student will arrive prepared with the necessary or required supplies to take the exam. If required, these supplies will be presented to the proctor for approval.
- The student is responsible for the return postage and envelope for any exam that needs to be mailed and that does not include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Policy Reviewed, Revised & Scheduled for review by the Clinton Public Library Board of Trustees
|Adopted||Revised||Reviewed||Date of next review|
|Aug 2017||Nov 2021||Oct 2021||Oct 2024|